- In 1964, the business was commenced by Shri Hari Charan Garg at the age of 34 years. He started a humble tea garden stores business in Assam, India which grows one of the finest teas in the world.
- Over the years the company expanded its product line to cater to equipment for the tea industry.
- In 1984, Shri Ajay Kumar Garg, our chairman, formed Gem Group. He began to focus on developing more advanced and automated machinery for the tea as well as other food processing industries.
- In 1985. The company continued to focus on automation and efficiency, and also entered the international market by exporting machinery to various countries.
- In the 1990s, the company continued to innovate and diversify its product line, adding equipment for the coconut processing and other industries.
- In the 2000s, the company began to focus on sustainability and energy efficiency, developing new innovative machinery that were highly efficient and cost effective.
- Today, the company is a leading provider of food processing machinery, with a reputation for quality, reliability, and innovation.